EEG active electrode
actiCAP slim: Brain Products new active electrode
The actiCAP is the go-to solution for reliable and flexible high-quality EEG recording. We kept on improving the design of our active electrodes* and proudly introduce the newest version: actiCAP slim.
- Smaller – Our engineers managed to fit all the features of the original actiCAP electrode in a new form factor that is three times thinner. Think about it: the actiCAP slim is a fully active EEG electrode with impedance conversion circuitry and multi-color LED impedance feedback scaled down by a factor of three.
- Lightweight – The actiCAP slim is also lighter. The low center of gravity together with the lower weight reduces motion artefacts in EEG data. This makes the actiCAP slim an ideal companion for MoBI (mobile brain/body imaging) research. The lower weight per electrode makes a high-density cap significantly lighter and hence more comfortable to wear.
- More robust – The new design of the electrode integrates the pellet into the housing of the electrode. This protects the pellet from accidental damages.
- Easier preparation – Preparation of the actiCAP was always quick and easy. The larger opening in the actiCAP slim makes the electrode preparation even easier. It now allows the usage of paste for long-term recordings like in sleep research!
- The lower profile of the actiCAP slim makes it ideal for TMS applications. While you can position the stimulator coil very close to the head you get the benefit of ultra-short artefacts due to the active electrode technology. For a more in-depth look at this application field, please click here.